Let's Comm Training of Trainers 2022
Applications to the course are now closed.
This is a blended course and will include 5 weeks of online learning prior to a 5-day in person training.
Online: Starting 23 May (approx 3.5 hours per week)
Classroom: 27 June to 1 July 2022
Application Deadline: 29 April 2022
There is no fee for the training itself. Accommodation and meals during the classroom training will be covered.
Participant travel including flights, terminals, allowance (as applicable) and other incidental costs must be covered by the sending organization. Any COVID-19 related costs including costs for mandatory testing, quarantine, if applicable, in duty station or the location of the coursewill not be covered by the ETC.
Humanitarian ICT staff with telecommunications focus who will train technical staff to deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and administer a radio-based Security Communications System (SCS). Participants need to already have a solid technical background in radio communications and practical experience with deploying and maintaining Motorola and/or ICOM VHF equipment.
- Commitment to conduct inter-agency SCS training
- Technical skills and experience in Motorola and/or ICOM technical deployment and programming
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts
- Confident and effective in communicating in front of a group
- Good inter-personal skills and a can-do attitude
- Humanitarian and emergency experience
- Knowledge of ETC
- Experience conducting technical radio trainings
- Experience with radio use in field operations
- This is a blended programme. Participants will be expected to complete online modules prior to the classroom training and will be expected to be fully engaged during the 5-day classroom training, including the evenings. Participants may not get the opportunity to carry on with their regular work for the duration of the training.
- *As we are aware, the external situation for inter-country travel is continuously evolving due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to monitor and review the rules for travel and entry into Luxembourg (here) as well as the rules for travel and re-entry into your host country. We recommend that you do not make any travel bookings until the beginning of June.
All these factors must be taken into account before applying for the training.
1. Application Form
Please fill out the application form online here. (Note that incomplete forms will not be considered)
2. Nomination Letter
- The nomination letter must meet the following requirements:
- Must come from a manager that is responsible for emergency IT and telecommunications across the applicant's organisation globally (for example, a CIO, Chief of IT, Regional IT Officer).
- Be written on organizational / company letterhead
- Full name, organization and position title of the candidate being recommended
- Full name, organization and position title of the nominator
- Contact information of the nominator (email address / phone number)
- A statement indicating that the candidate will be released from official duties for the duration of the training. This includes dedicated time per week to complete online training from 23 May to 24 June 2022 as well as official release for classroom training from 27 June to 1 July 2022 plus travel time.
- A statement that all expenses related to travel to / from the training and any other incidental costs will be covered by the nominating organisation.
- Confirmation statement outlining the following:
- Technical skills and experience in Motorola and/or ICOM technical deployment, programming, and operational use
- The ability of the candidate to explain technical concepts and confidently and effectively communicate in front of a group
- The likelihood of the candidate being able to conduct inter-agency SCS training in the region
3. Updated C.V.
4. In addition to the above, shortlisted candidates would be required to submit a short video to demonstrate their communication and presentation skills. This will be requested only if your application is shortlisted and the ETC training team will reach out to you with more information.
For your application to be considered, please email email@example.com with the nomination letter, your C.V. and a screenshot showing successful completion of the online application form.